What is a Hinge Event?
A Hinge Event is where people who are passionate about seeing the Kingdom of God grow in their community come together to experience how to:
- Open new doors to their community
- Release their creative genius as God’s people
- Discover the 8 Hinge Factors for Church Transformation
- Connect with others on the same journey
- Begin a new Life Cycle for their church
What’s the Big Deal about Hinges?
Hinges are important because:
1) Jesus is the only Door to salvation (John 10:9), i.e., the only way into The Church;
2) Sometimes churches struggle to get their people out of the pews and into the community;
3) There are many doors out of the church and into the community;
4) The best way to “make disciples” is by going through those doors; and
5) Hinges are necessary to get the doors open!
What are the 8 Hinge Factors for Church Transformation?
Our research shows that missional churches are strong in some important ways. In 2009, we conducted surveys with 1000 worshipers from 32 congregations, identifying 8 factors or “hinges” for opening the doors of the church to the community. A Self-Study reveals the congregational perception for each factor. The results of this assessment inform the church in developing strategic plans for best impacting its community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The 8 Hinge Factors are:
Personal Leadership: Leaders demonstrate a commitment to their own physical, mental, spiritual, and relational needs and development. Great leadership begins with leading yourself well first.
Building Bridges to the Community: Leaders dedicate some of their time (several hours per week) toward connecting the church to the community by assessing needs, meeting leaders, and forming connections with unchurched and unreached people.
Vision Casting: Leaders communicate the vision of a preferred future and a healthy sense of urgency about the direction and focus of the congregation.
Empowerment of Leaders: The Pastor (and other leaders) spends significant time developing leaders through coaching, mentoring, and training.
Focused Prayer: The church develops an emphasis on prayer, that incorporates intercession for those who need to know Christ.
Functioning Board: The church has an Executive Board that governs through guiding principles and regular reviews of progress.
Community Outreach: The church has a strategy for reaching the community that results in increased conversions and worship attendance.
Inspiring Worship: The church has a worship service where the preaching, music, and atmosphere engage the culture with biblical and theological integrity.
To Inquire About a Hinge Event:
Call: 901-757-9700 or contact Rev. Terry Tieman at email@example.com.